Vol. 6 July 2020
Dear CDF Community,
In theory, every developer knows that security is paramount, but in practice, it’s a different story. We at the CDF know it can be intimidating, that’s why we’ve dedicated this month’s newsletter to helping you navigate the security landmines. Thank you to our authors for contributing these articles.
DevSecOps—we’ve all heard it, what does it actually mean? Read this article to turn buzzword into practice.
Buckle up. This post is going to take you on a journey we’ve all been on before—installing some open-source software, but with an adversarial mindset.
Discover some security features available in Jenkins X and why you should enable them.
Demystifying CVEs and CVSS Scores and using them to improve security best practices.
Events, webinars, and podcasts
Call for Papers: Help improve the world’s capacity to deliver software with security and speed. Join the CD Foundation for this two-day virtual event and become part of the conversation that drives the direction of continuous delivery. Submit your paper today.
The CDF is coming to twitch.tv! We’re excited to announce we’ll be streaming “code and talk” sessions on various CDF projects—such as Tekton, Spinnaker, Jenkins, and Jenkins X. Our channel is at twitch.tv/cdfoundation; it would be awesome if you give us a follow and look out for content airing soon! We’re also looking for guest speakers and fun project ideas to be submitted. You’re welcome to join the Slack Channel for updates as they happen.
The Pipeline: All things CI/CD & DevOps Podcast
Every week our host Jacqueline Salinas, CD Foundation’s Director of Ecosystems & Community Development, interviews industry experts, leaders, and innovators.
Listen to our latest podcast episodes:
- Ep. 6: What is GitOps?
- Ep. 7: The Relationship Between Continuous Delivery and Value Stream Management
- Ep. 8: Value Stream Management – Maximizing Value, Minimizing Effort!
- Ep. 9: Event-Driven DevOps with Keptn: The End of the Monolithic Delivery Pipeline!
- SKILup Day | Jul. 16
- CD Summit Europe 2020 | Aug. 17
- DevOps World 2020 |Sep. 21-24
- DevOps Summit 2020 | Nov. 2-3
- CDcon | Oct. 7-8
- Continuous Product Oriented Practice
- Continuous Delivery Insights – Common Challenges in Continuous Delivery
- Spinnaker Basics!
Register for our upcoming webinars:
- Jul. 14 | Intro to DevSecOps
- Jul. 21 | The Culture Factor: Trust, Safety, and Continuous Delivery
Have an idea for a webinar? Submit it
CDF Community Ambassadors
A great big welcome to our new community ambassador! We’re happy to have you all on board:
(Click on their names to read their blog posts.)