Vol. 4 Feb. 2021
Dear CDF Community,
What does 2021 hold for Continuous Delivery?
- Read the 2021 Technology Trends and Predictions from Michael Winser of Google.
- Read the End-User Council’s plans for 2021.
cdCon call for proposals is open until March 5: Submit a talk.
CDF Annual Report 2020
This month, we published the Foundation’s annual report. Read it to learn about all our community’s incredible accomplishments in 2020.
End-User Council 2021 Plan
Our End-User Council provides the opportunity to have context-rich discussions on how various end-user organizations pursue their modernization efforts in the most effective way.
They published their plans for 2021, download it and get involved! [Download Plan PDF]
CDF Project Updates
• Congratulations to the new Jenkins board members, Gavin Mogan and GSoC 2021: Call for Project Ideas + Call for Mentors
• FOSDEM 2021: Jenkins will have a devstand at FOSDEM (Feb 6-7, 2021), including a CI/CD Devroom. Join us!
• Many Jenkins is the way user stories and case studies have been consolidated in this new ebook.
• Jenkins X 3 Walkthrough Guide for newcomers and for users who want to get the best out of Jenkins X.
• Read the Contributor Guide
• Blog-a-thon from Feb. 1 to Mar. 31. Topics: GitOps, Configuration Management, what it means to contribute to open source, and Ortelius Tips and tricks are the topics.
• Latest Improvements and updates
• Watch Spinnaker Summit 2020 Talk Recording
• Tekton Pipelines 0.20.0
• tekton-jinja: A Tekton task for rendering jinja2 templates. Use in your Kubernetes or OpenShift project.
Upcoming Virtual Events
- FOSDEM 2021 CI/CD Devroom | Feb. 6-7, 2021
- cdCon 2021 | June 23-24, 2021
- CFP is now open. Deadline: March 5 [Submit a proposal]
Google Summer of Code 2021
We are looking for project ideas and mentors to participate in GSoC 2021. Submit project ideas before the beginning of February so they can get a proper review by the GSoC committee and by the community.
The Pipeline: All things CD & DevOps Podcast
News: Our podcast has over 7,500 downloads. Thank you to our host Jacqueline Salinas and to you for listening!
Listen to our latest episodes:
- Ep. 21: GitOps, Kubernetes, and Secret Management – Kara de la Marck, James Rawlings, and James Strachan
- Ep. 22: Measuring DevOps – Dina Graves Portman
- Ep. 23: CD & GitOps on Kubernetes – Saim Safder
- Ep. 24: CI/CD Agility and Controlling Pipeline Sprawl – Angel Rivera
- Ep. 25: Season 1 Finale: Top 5 Episodes of the Season! – Jacqueline Salinas
- Ep. 1: Hello 2021 – The Hybrid Year – Jacqueline Salinas
- Ep. 2: CDF MLOps Roadmap – Terry Cox
- Ep. 3: 2021 Technology Trends and Predictions – Michael Winser
Ambassador and Member Webcast
Watch the latest webinar episodes on our YouTube Channel:
- Jan 27: Welcome Ortelius! CDF’s Newest Project
- Jan 25: A Developer Friendly Approach to Deploying Faster on Kubernetes
- Dec 2: A Guide to Event-Driven SRE-Inspired DevOps – Andreas Grabner
- Dec 1: What Happened To Observability In GitOps? – Dan Garfiel
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. That’s why we created the (she)DF community. It’s still young and evolving, but currently, we are a network of over 88 women on LinkedIn. We are so excited by the growth in membership, especially, as this initiative just launched this year in 2020.
We saw the opportunity to create a group for women hosted by the female leadership of the CDF. The group is currently functioning as a community board where members can share events, blogs, jobs, and a fun meme or two. Diversity and inclusion are a priority at CDF and we hope to take (she)DF to the next level in 2021. We are launching a quarterly luncheon for the ladies of the (she)DF and if vaccines permit we might be able to do a few of these at an industry event in person in late 2021. If you identify as a woman in tech we encourage you to join our network of women!
Benefits of CD
We wanted to share this infographic with you. It’ll be featured in a white paper next year. [Infographic PDF]