We had a successful inaugural event: cdCon, held on October 7–8, 2020. The virtual conference had 1,354 registrations and 949 attendees. It originally planned to be in-person, but transitioned to a virtual event due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite the venue change, feedback from attendees was overwhelmingly positive.
We’ve published the CDCon 2020 transparency report.
- Conference had 1,354 registrants (71% attendance rate)
- Feedback from attendees was overwhelmingly positive: 89% providing a “Good” or “Excellent” rating.
- Attendees came from 84 countries
- 14% of attendees, 38% of speakers, and 58% of keynote speakers were women or non-binary.
- 70% of attendees were satisfied with the balance of learning and networking
- Attendees spent an average of 8 hours, 15 minutes on the platform
- 45% of attendees designate themselves as Individual Contributors for Job Level and 44% list their Job Function as DevOps/SRE/Sysadmin.
- Sponsored by 12 event sponsors and 3 media sponsors
- Hosted 60 sessions, 43 breakout sessions, 8 keynote sessions, and 9 Birds of a Feather
- Raised $5,000 in donations for Black Girls Code and Women Who Code
Save the Dates for 2020!
The mission of the Continuous Delivery Foundation is to improve the world’s capacity to deliver software with security and speed. One key way we achieve this is by bringing the community together to meet, learn and spark innovation at CDCon. Our inaugural community event was a huge success despite the challenges we faced pivoting quickly from an in-person to a virtual event. We could not have done it without the enormous support of our ever engaged community. Thank you to all the attendees, speakers, sponsors and event organizers for coming together to create these very special two days focused on continuous delivery, open source, and community. We look forward to continuously improving and growing CDCon to be bigger and better.
Our next annual event is already in the works for a virtual experience in June 2021. We’ll see you there!