We had a marvelously successful cdCon! For our second flagship event, hosted June 23–24, 2021, we tripled everything: registrations, sessions, sponsorships, and co-located events compared to last year (cdCon 2020 transparency report) and the attendees were happy with the conference.
Read the full cdCon 2021 transparency report.
- Conference had 5,329 registrants and 2,911 attendees (55% attendance rate)
- 3 co-located events:
- Spinnaker Summit – 2,094 registrants
- GitOps Summit – 3,067 registrants
- Jenkins Contributor Summit – 1,563 registrants
- Feedback from attendees was overwhelmingly positive: 86% providing a “Good” or “Excellent” rating.
- Attendees came from 124 countries across 6 continents
- 8% of attendees, 26% of speakers, and 56% of keynote speakers were women or non-binary (although 31% of attendees chose not to answer the question)
- 65% of attendees were satisfied with the balance of learning and networking
- Attendees spent an average of 8 hours, 24 minutes on the platform
- 45% of attendees designate themselves as Individual Contributors for Job Level and 48% list their Job Function as DevOps/SRE/Sysadmin
- Sponsored by 22 event sponsors, 3 community partners, and 2 media sponsors
- Hosted 133 sessions including 96 breakout sessions, 16 keynote sessions, 2 workshops, 5 Special Interest Groups (SIGs), and 14 Birds of a Feather (BoFs).
- Raised $12,641 in diversity funds through registration donations and LFX Crowdfunding, which will be distributed to Black Girls Code, Women Who Code, and SheCodeAfrica.
Get ready for 2022!
The mission of the Continuous Delivery Foundation is to improve the world’s capacity to deliver software with security and speed. One key way we achieve this is by bringing the community together to meet, learn and spark innovation at cdCon. Our second annual community event was a huge success and we applaud our community for embracing another virtual event. We could not have done it without the enormous support of our ever-engaged community. Thank you to all the attendees, speakers, sponsors and event organizers for coming together to create these very special days focused on continuous delivery, open source and community. We look forward to continuously improving and growing cdCon to be bigger and better. Our next annual event is already in the works for in-person, with a virtual component, in 2022. We’ll see you there!