In this report, commissioned by the CDF and authored by SlashData, we explore the current state of the CD developer ecosystem and how this has evolved over the past year. We look at:
- how many developers are involved in the broader DevOps space and work with CD technologies in particular;
- how developers’ software delivery performance has changed over time and which factors contribute the most to superior software delivery performance;
- which developer segments have experienced the greatest shifts and in which sectors;
- how automated security testing impacts software delivery performance;
- and which factors contribute to diminished returns from the use of an increased number of hosted CI/CD tools and technologies.