SAN FRANCISCO, May 24, 2021 – The Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF), the open source software foundation that seeks to improve the world’s capacity to deliver software with security and speed, today announced the keynotes and full agenda for cdCon 2021 on June 22-24 2021.
After a successful inaugural event last October, cdCon will bring together Continuous Delivery leaders, industry icons, practitioners, and open source developers from all over the world. cdCon is a chance for the global software community to come together in a virtual setting to meet peers, share best practices and ideas, learn from each other and hear about the latest trends in software delivery.
This year, the early-bird talks, announced in March, highlight experts from Airbnb, CapitalOne, Disney, Google, Hashicorp, IBM, and Netflix presenting on how organizations are adopting continuous delivery approaches.
The keynotes set the tone for a conversation around driving the future of software delivery and emphasize themes around developer productivity and developer experience. The keynote schedule features:
- The SPACE of Developer Productivity – Nicole Forsgren & Tara Hernandez
- Leading Change: Lessons Learned at the FBI – Afua Bruce
- The Future of Testing – Kohsuke Kawaguchi
- Developer Experience and Productivity: Level up Your Engineering Effectiveness – Jennifer Riggins, Abby Kearns, Ger McMahon & Ramin Akhbari
- A Deep Dive into the Benefits of CD– Kelsey Hightower, Rosalind Benoit, Brandon Leach, & Isaac Mosquera
- What it Takes to Achieve Production Excellence – Charity Majors & James Governor
- The State of Continuous Delivery – Tracy Miranda & Christie Wilson
“Software delivery is going through a renaissance with the onset of microservices, containers and cloud-native technologies. As organizations transform themselves, the focus on developer experience and productivity is key, as well as learning what works and what doesn’t from other organizations. The whole space is evolving rapidly and cdCon is at the epicentre of this shift,” said Tracy Miranda, executive director, CDF. “We are thrilled to bring together software delivery leaders, industry icons, practitioners, and open source developers at cdCon to drive the future of the industry.”
More about cdCon
Community Awards Ceremony
The first annual CDF Community Awards will honor individuals who have made the greatest impact over the last year throughout the Continuous Delivery ecosystem.
The community has submitted their nominations and the voting will open this week to Continuous Delivery Foundation contributors. If you think you’re eligible to vote, but haven’t received an email by Friday, May 28, email email@example.com to let us know.
The winners will be announced at cdCon. More details.
This year, three events are co-located with cdCon
Thank You Sponsors
About the Continuous Delivery Foundation
The Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF) seeks to improve the world’s capacity to deliver software with security and speed. The CDF is a vendor-neutral organization that is establishing best practices of software delivery automation, propelling education and adoption of CD tools, and facilitating cross-pollination across emerging technologies. The CDF is home to many of the fastest-growing projects for CD, including Jenkins, Jenkins X, Tekton, and Spinnaker. The CDF is part of the Linux Foundation, a nonprofit organization. For more information about the CDF, please visit https://cd.foundation.
About cdCon (June 23-24, 2021)
Join Continuous Delivery leaders, industry icons, practitioners, and open source developers for a two-day virtual experience as we improve the world’s capacity to deliver software with security and speed. cdCon is the annual event by the Continuous Delivery Foundation that brings together technology teams, enterprise leadership and open source communities to drive the future of software delivery.
This year’s sessions are designed for 3 different types of audiences:
- Technology Teams: geared towards application developers, infra folks, DevOps engineers, security professionals, testers and any other practitioners involved with delivering software.
- Enterprise Leadership: for senior leaders and decision-makers from organizations interested in measuring DevOps, scaling, transformation, security, FinOps, and developer productivity.
- Open Source Communities: tailored for open-source core contributors and maintainers running and growing CDF projects and special interest groups, as well as folks looking to get involved with open source for the first time. This includes Jenkins, Spinnaker, Tekton, Jenkins X and other CDF communities.
cdCon is a chance for our global community to come together to meet peers, share best practices and ideas, learn from each other and hear about the latest trends in software delivery. This year, the community is expanded even further thanks to the three co-located events: GitOps Summit, Spinnaker Summit, and Jenkins Contributor Summit.