The Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF) is running an election to fill six Technical Oversight Committee (TOC) seats and you can nominate someone to take on this position for 2021/2022.
General Seats Nominations
There are two (2) General Seats open on the TOC.
*Nominations are now closed. Voting will begin Friday, May 28.
Who can be nominated?
- Anyone meeting the candidate criteria can run for a seat.
- Anyone can nominate a candidate (self-nominations are accepted).
What are the criteria?
The two general seats are open to any individual who meets the following criteria:
- commit that they have the available bandwidth to make the time to invest in the CDF TOC,
- possess a technical background with experience of continuous delivery and open source technologies
- demonstrates good communication skills with experience of participating in open source communities
- operate neutrally in discussions and put the goals and success of CDF in balance with corporate objectives or any particular project in CDF.
When is the nomination deadline?
Monday, May 24, 2021
Who gets to vote?
The General TOC Seats will be voted on by members of the CDF governing board.
There are four (4) Project Seats available on the TOC. All CDF project representatives will be contacted to nominate their candidate and to register to vote. More details here.
Role of a TOC Representative
The role of the elected TOC representatives is to be part of the team responsible for the technical vision, project oversight and technical community decisions for the CDF. The vision of the CDF is to be the most trusted community that supports organizations in becoming high-performing software delivery organizations while leveraging open source and open practices and continuously improving their pursuit of software delivery excellence.
TOC Successes (2020-2021)
In the past year the TOC has:
- Launched the Events SIG, a vendor-neutral, open effort that will drive the standardization and interoperability between Continuous Delivery systems through events.
- Accepted two new projects: Screwdriver and Ortelius
- Graduated the Jenkins project!
- Hosted GSoC students across multiple projects
- Onboarded and funded CI/development infrastructure
- Maintain the CDF Landscape
Thank you Outgoing TOC Reps
These are outgoing TOC representatives:
- Isaac Mosquera (Spinnaker)
- James Strachan (Jenkins X)
- Jithin Emanuel (Verizon Media)
- Kohsuke Kawaguchi (Jenkins)
- Tara Hernandez (Google)
- Yoav Landman (JFrog)
Thank you for helping us drive the technical side of Continuous Delivery forward.
- Nominations Open: May 5
- Project Nomination Deadline: May 14
- General Nomination Deadline: May 24
- Voting Registration Deadline May 24
- Candidates announced: May 28
- Voting Opens: May 28
- Voting Deadline: June 11
- Representatives Announced: June 23
- Representative Term Begins: July 1
All election and voting details
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and your question will be forwarded to one of our Election Officers:
- Gale McCommons, Linux Foundation
- Tracy Miranda, Continuous Delivery Foundation
- Fatih Degirmenci, Ericsson