Originally posted on https://fosdem-testingautomation.github.io/
Testing and Continuous Delivery devroom is coming again to FOSDEM. This room is about building better software through a focus on testing and continuous delivery practices across all layers of the stack. The purpose of this devroom is to share good and bad examples around the question “how to improve quality of our software by automating tests, deliveries or deployments” and to showcase new open source tools and practices. Note: for FOSDEM 2024 this devroom is a merger between the former Testing and Automation and Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment devrooms and is jointly co-organized between devroom managers in previous FOSDEM editions!
Since this devroom has been a regular at FOSDEM, here are some ideas of what we would like to see, and what worked in prior years, they’re just ideas though. Check out the Archive for inspiration.
Testing in the real, open source world
- War stories/strategies for testing large scale or complex projects
- Tools that extend the ability to test low-level code, e.g. bootloaders, init systems, etc.
- Projects that are introducing new/interesting ways of testing “systems”
- Address the automated testing frameworks fragmentation
- Stories from end-users (e.g. success/failure)
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Deployment
- Security in Software Supply Chain
- Pipeline standardization
- Interoperability in CI/CD
- Lessons learned
Cool Tools (good candidates for lightning talks)
- Project showcases, modern tooling
- How your open source tool made developing quality software better
- What tools do you use to setup your CI/CD
- Combining projects/plugins/tools to build amazing things “Not enough people in the open source community know how to use $X, but here’s a tutorial on how to use $X to make your project better.”
FOSDEM 2024 will be hosted in person at ULB Solbosch Campus, Brussels, Belgium.
- CFP Submission Deadline: 23:59 UTC, Sunday, December 10, 2023
- Schedule Announced: Friday, December 15, 2023
- Presentations: Sunday, February 4, 2024
- The reference time will be Brussels local time (CET)
- Talks will be delivered live, no pre-recorded talks
- Q/A session will be live
- Talks will be streamed
Please submit one (or more) 30-40 minute talk proposal(s) OR one (or more) 10 minute lightning talk proposal(s) by 23:59 UTC on December 10, 2023. We will notify all those submitting proposals about their acceptance by December 15th 2023.
To submit a talk proposal (you can submit multiple proposals if you’d like) use Pretalx, the FOSDEM paper submission system. Be sure to select
Testing and Continuous delivery otherwise we won’t see it!
You can create an account, or use an existing account if you already have one.
Please note: FOSDEM is a FLOSS community event, by and for the community, please ensure your topic is appropriate (i.e. this isn’t the right forum for commercial product presentations)